Saturday 29 June 2013

Looking Back...

The rest of Butlins will have to be saved for next time, because I just wanted to come and write about how thankful I am for my life right now! I was reading through some really old blog posts tonight, and wow - me and Berat have been through some shit! Most of it we kept to ourselves, and I had my old, hidden blog which was only accessible to my closest friends to vent in - reading back through those tonight, I remembered how I felt at certain points, how we didn't have a home to call our own and how he lost his job just before I had Onur and then he lost another job just after I had him...

And now he's been in the same job for almost 3 years, promoted twice, we've been living in our own (albeit rented) house for almost 3 years, and we have furnished it from scratch, thanks to help from family, friends and eBay! We have two happy, healthy kids who want for nothing, cupboards full of food and everything at our fingertips, within our reach. I feel SO greatful and thankful.

So many of us go through life wanting more each time we reach a goal, waiting for the right moment to get married, have a baby, change our lives. Berat and I have gone through together with a "close your eyes, hold my hand and fuck it, let's just jump!" attitude, and do you know what? I could not be happier :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment